Thursday, July 10, 2014

Would love to have your help - Thinking of you...


Hello my crafty friends, were has this week gone?! I swear it was just Monday and now here it is Friday already. Looking forward to this afternoon as our granddaughter is coming over to spend the night. We just love it when the grands come and stay! 

I have copied and pasted a post from Designing Keepsakes by a fellow blogger Donna H. I'm doing my part in passing this message on. If you feel like you would like to help out contact the email link below. If a card can bring joy and comfort to a sick person, then I feel like I have to send one.  Thank you everyone in advance!!

************************************************************************************************************



Hello, dear blogging friends.

One of our blogging-paper-crafting-friends, Sue Drees, recently shared some sad news.

Her sister, Edith, fell on June 22, and was diagnosed with a brain tumor. On June 25, the tumor was successfully removed. However, the biopsy brought back devastating news - a fast growing Brain Cancer. Sue's sister is determined to fight this all the way. She began physical rehabilitation on July 4.

Sue and Edith both live in the North East (USA). Sue and her husband transport Edith's husband to the hospital each day and check up on changes and quality of care.

While Sue did not ask for help, others kept in touch with her and asked if Edith would enjoy receiving cards of encouragement and support.

Sue was so grateful that the on-line community might help in this way - it was something she had not considered.

Edith enjoys quilting and LOVES flowers! Edith's beloved fur baby is a little pug and they miss each other very much.
Will you please consider sending a note, tag, or card (or two or three?) offering encouragement? Edith valiantly fights other illnesses in addition to this new challenge. She is a very courageous soul.

Cards can be sent addressed to Edith c/o Sue Drees and she will take them daily to the hospital.

To obtain the mailing address, please write:

Thank you for making a difference in one person's life, by bringing in a little sunshine.


For my card, I used MCT stamps and dies. I did my water color stamping using Hero Arts Shadow inks, I embossed "thinking" with black embossing powder. I inked my die cut circle with "Mint Julep" shadow ink then place my butterfly from Renea Bouquets. Her butterflies are amazing, they are hand made and the details on them are amazing and so beautiful. She has other things in her store and trust me you will want to order a few times, if not all the time!! And her prices are so affordable-you will be completely amazed by her store and her prices. Then I stamped my little butterfly "trail".  Added a few sequins and this was done.


 A close up of  the butterfly-so gorgeous!


 The inside, used the water color stamp again.

I hope you like my little card, mostly I hope that Edith like my card and that it brings her some comfort and joy in this time. Thank you for stopping by today, I love when you visit me and leave me the sweet comments that you do! Have a wonderful weekend. Crafty hugs, Brenda

12 comments:

MaryH said...

This is so beautiful. Love that you did the butterfly with the pretty paper. Love these colors & that was a wonderful sentiment for the inside too. You make the inside just as pretty as the outside too. Enjoy the grands. TFS & Hugs - MM

jimlynn said...

Brenda, it's gorgeous and know that Edith will also think the same thing. WOW on that butterfly!!! I WILL be checking out her store now. A beautiful, beautiful card!
Lynn

vic said...

Wow Brenda this is just adorable!! Thank you so much for your lovy comment and following you have a new follower too :)
Hugs
Vic x

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

I feel certain your beautiful card will be well loved.

What an awful time this family are going through. My thoughts are with them.

Love Jules xx

Sheila H said...

Your card is lovely. The brush strokes and the gorgeous butterfly create a nice sense of movement and peace. The colors are exquisite, Brenda.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Brenda. Love the stamps you used. How sweet of you to pass along this message. I'll be making a card and sending it.
Bless you.

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card Brenda, just love that butterfly and I know it will make her smile when she sees it. I know what you mean about this week, went so fast! Did you have any trouble for the storm this past week? We had a power outage for 26 hours, looking forward to doing that layout so much to tell :) Have fun with your Grand daughter, we have our own in from SD and looking forward to spending time with them also and next week the NY Grands come in :) Enjoy <3

Sue said...

This is so gorgeous Brenda:) sorry I haven't been around lately but time has been flying by and we've had a lot of hospital appointments and I've been trying to get the garden sorted LOL you have a great weekend lots of huggles Sue xx

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! The butterfly is s beautiful!! I love the design!! It will be adored and appreciated!! I hope you have a wonderful time with your granddaughter!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol L said...

Edith is going to seriously enjoy receiving this lovely card! The butterfly looks spectacular, and I love the sentiment you put inside too! Have a great weekend and enjoy your visit with your granddaughter!

Anita in France said...

What a beautiful card to send to Edith, Brenda ... she will be so touched and comforted by it ... and by your lovely sentiment inside! Anita :)

cm said...

No Brenda, Edith will not "like" her card; she will LOVE it, treasure it, and be delighted by it! Soooo incredibly beautiful, but the most fabulous part is that it's created with care, compassion, hope and 'heart.' I'm deeply touched; I can just imagine how this will touch Edith! I'm with you on the MCT butterflies; they are awesome and you've worked magic with them, and the water colour stamp, here. WOW!! You are a sweetheart of exponential proportions. So there!! Hugs~c