Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Creative Time Challenge

Hello crafty friends, it's me again for a second post. I want to enter this card into My Creative Time challenge that Miss Emma has going on. So I needed this card to be in a post all it's own so I could do just that. 

Here is the sketch and inspiration photo colors that are to be used. 





I started off with a matching piece of kraft card stock to layer on top of my kraft card stock base. I took barn door red and faded denim distress inks and put them on my mat and spritzed with water. I then took a paint brush and picked up the color and splatted them down on my layer to look kind like the circles in the sketch. The white came from Unicorn white from Hero Arts shadow inks. I did the same thing with it as well. Then I added my black border under my white stripe of paper. Die cut the stars and layered them together with MCT star dies. I added some sequins with a little bling in them. Popped up my layer and called it done. 

I'm entering this over at My Creative's Challenge. Thanks for stopping by once again. I always appreciate your sweet comments, they truly make me smile from ear to ear. Crafty hugs, Brenda


14 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous, love the splatter...fabulous! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at the MCT Blog!! Lee-Ann :)

Carol L said...

This is such a great card to celebrate the holiday! Those pierced stars look perfect layered in red, white, and blue, and the splatters and sequins remind me of fireworks and lots of holiday fun! Great card!!

Cassandra said...

WOW!! Great job with the spritzy background...looks great!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Cassandra said...

Wow!! Great job on your spritzy background..looks great!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

Fabby card!!!

Loving the kraft and splatter look very much!!

Congratulations to your Son and his wife on their wedding. I hope they have a long and happy life together.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

Another terrific card. Love, love the background.

MaryH said...

Another awesome card. Love those splats! You are doing terrific with that mat splat water thing too! Love that you had a kraft base and then used the patriotic colors. Beautiful! Happy 4th & enjoy the day. Hugs to all of you. TFS - MM

jimlynn said...

Just perfect with that big old star and all the splatters!!! Love it!
Lynn

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the spritzed background!! It looks amazing!! The stars are awesome!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sheila H said...

Love the splatter and that multi-colored star! Fabulous card :)

Anita in France said...

Oh, how fabulous, Brenda, more brilliant sequins and stars ... this time with that amazing swoosh of splatter! I'm so in awe of how you got all those amazing splashes to go in the right place! Anita :)

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is just FANTASTIC!!! AWESOME job with the sketch challenge, Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time / Designer Challenge!!!! :)

cm said...

Ooh la la, Brenda! I'm calling this "done" with dazzle! Splatters, swooshes, sequins and stars all perfectly placed to create a card that is eye-catching, show-stopping stunning! Using kraft as your background really makes the red, white and blue pop...and the inlaid stars are brilliant! Yep, I'm loving this immensely!! Hugs~c

D- said...

LOVE your splatter and sequin design on the kraft background. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot