Friday, January 17, 2014

It's a Love Thing...Funday Friday Challenge

Hello my fabulous crafty friends, I hope you all are having a wonderful Friday!! Since it is Friday, it is time for another challenge over at Jo's Scrap Shack for Funday Friday. Our sponsor this week is Stamp Art by Kathryn. Love her digi's, they are so cute!! I chose the Hap-Bee Bee and Sayings to use in my project today. This set comes with some cute sayings to use with the cute little bee. I started off using my Gypsy to size my cuts and made a heart shaped card base using Doodlecharms for my heart. I printed my polka dot paper on my Imagine using the Bumble Gum cartridge, after cutting the heart out I ran it though my Cuttlebug using the honeycomb embossing folded (click on the pic to make it bigger to see the embossing), using the debossed side. I then used Walk in my Garden Cricut cartridge for my little bee hive. I inked up my bee hive and heart lightly using Tim Holtz's black soot distress ink. Coloring my bees with my Spectrum Noir markers, I cut them out and placed them on my card by popping them up. I then used My Creative Time Stitched Hearts and cut the smallest heart out 3 times and placed on my card and bow. Added some stickles on my hearts and bee's wings and was done the outside. The inside I cut out the same heart as on the front, but in black and then a slightly smaller one for my sentiment and signature. Stamped my sentiment using My Creative Time Lots of Love stamp set and put another bee popped up on the inside as well. And that is it folks! I hope you go over to Jo's Scrap Shack to see what inspiration my DT sisters have for you as well as read up on the rules to enter this challenge. Then I hope you will get crafty with us and link up your "It's a love thing" project! As always thanks for taking time to stop by and visit me today, I always enjoy when you do! Crafty hugs, Brenda

Linking this with Stampin' Pearls with Candice-theme dry embossing




17 comments:

MaryH said...

This is adorable. You used that little bee digi in the cutest way for this sweet Valentine card. Loved the yellow dotty paper & especially impressed with the way you continued the theme onto the interior. Now this is just cute as can be! TFS & Hugs

MaryH said...

Yay, you can come play at my house anytime. We'd have such fun. And you could teach me about the Cricut! I'll share all the dies & EFs & sprays & stuff. Tell D. you gotta come to SC, so hurry up and get through this chemo stuff and get well! Hugs & loved your bee card.

moknowsall said...

I pray that the chemo works and that your husband is healed I pray for strength through this difficult time

Maureen

scrappymo! said...

This so darned cute!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

That is a lovely card, really elegant.Thank you for your visit today and your kind comments. xxx Maggie

Carol L said...

Aww, the heart-shaped honeycomb is just adorable with all those busy little bees! I love the pink hearts too! NJ!

Candice F said...

Cute! I love it! Candice

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful idea for a Valentine, Brenda! Love the honeycomb and bee!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is amazing!

Irene said...

A beautiful Valentine card, the littel bees are so sweet.
Thank you for your comment on my blog.
irene
xxxx

Anonymous said...

This is super cute, Brenda. Love the black and yellow. Love your little bees.
Sending hugs and prayers.

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh sis this card is adorable! I am such a sucker for shaped cards and this heart card is beautiful! Love the embossing, really pops and those bees are so stinkin cute!!!!
Hugs,
Jo
xox

The Queen (Laura) said...

So adorable! I love the cute little bees! It's a fun shape. I love the gingham bow. Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

You have been making some beautiful valentine cards and I love this one very much.

I have been catching up on your blog and it sounds like you and your hubby have been having a really tough time.

I'm sorry :-(

I hope that the chemo works its magic and that your hubby gets good care.

You look after yourself too Brenda.

Love Jules xx

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card and Congrats looking forward to designing with the whole group

Candice F said...

I love the card! Thanks for joining the Stampin Royals Linky Party!

Candice F said...

I love the card! Thanks for joining the Stampin Royals Linky Party!