Monday, January 13, 2014

Fabulous 53!-BBTB2 Challenge

Hello my crafty friends, Happy Monday to you all. I hope you are keeping warm in your neck of the woods. DH has went to work since this is his off from chemo week. It's been nice having him home, but I find it harder to get my chores done when he is here. lol 

My very sweet and super talented design team sister, Caroline, gave us the challenge of doing a birthday card with a number on it at BBTB2. I was thinking of what birthdays are coming up next, and decided that I would do a ladies card for our cousin who will be turning 53 and she looks fabulous. I am a year older than her and wish I had her skinny body!! lol So I took the Don Juan cart and got the shadow for the numbers 5 & 3. I welded them together, copied and flipped them and welded it all together so I would have a number shaped card. Then went to Forever Young and grabbed the word "fabulous" and welded it to my card base. I made sure to make another fabulous so I could cut the word out in a color of my choice to add to the front of the card. I used a white gel pen to put highlights on fabulous.  I also picked a lady that I thought best fit our cousin, sized it up (all sizing was done on my Gypsy) along with her outfit. Then the hardest part for me, picking the papers. I used the Black Currant stack by DCWV and some black card stock. I also used my envelope punch board to make a vellum envie for a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 card. The vellum is card stock vellum from SU. I should have welded my lady onto the base of my card and then pop dotted the layers, but I didn't. What's done is done. lol I'm still pretty happy with how it came out and I think our cousin will love it. Go to BBTB2 and see all the wonderful inspiration my design team sister's have for you, they are brilliant! Then why not dust off your Cricut and join us on our number birthday challenge? We love when you get crafty with us, but please remember that this is a Cricut challenge so you must use your Cricut. As always thanks for stopping by and visiting me today. I love when you stop by and sit a spell. Crafty hugs, Brenda





17 comments:

vic said...

Hi Brenda wow this is just fabulous :)

Hugs

Vic x

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness bren, your card looks awesome.

Mayras Designs said...

What a truly fabulous birthday card !!!! I love , love the paper you used and the silhouette is perfect !!! Have a wonderful day !!

Hugs,
Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

Love your sassy card Brenda. It's so cool! The envelope out of vellum just goes along perfectly.
Hugs
Jayne x

MaryH said...

Awesome! Perfect for a special birthday. Reading through all the cricut directions...wow, my brain was going fuzzy. This was a lot of artistic creation on this one, and how lovely it turned out. Your cousin will love it, and that envelope was just the perfect one for this pretty card. Impressive all round! TFS & Hugs

Mollie said...

Awesome card, Brenda! Love that you created the number into the shape of the card! Great job!

Emily - Mollie's Motif

The Queen (Laura) said...

So fun! I just love the shape of it and the paper you've used. The silhouette looks fabulous!

Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Pam MacKay said...

Brenda I love your card it is awesome! The shape card with the added sentiment and lady makes for a wonderful design!

Unknown said...

You did a really good job on this one! I like the idea of a shaped number card!

Caroline said...

I think your shape card is FABULOUS! I love the colors of paper and the stylin' lady. I think the card for me would say fifty and frumpy, lol! Your friend will love this card and the see thru envie really shows it off!

Sharon said...

Awesomeness for sure!!!! I so love your shaped card Brenda!!! And the paper you used is perfect. Love the silhouette. So stylish and 'fabulous'!!!
Thank you for the sweet compliment! We have 9 grands ranging from 6 to 21 and one great grand that is 1 1/2. :)

Vickie said...

Brenda

what an AWESOME card. I love love the vellum envelope.

I just ordered the envelope punch from Stampin-up. Can't wait to get it.

Jaren said...

This is a great idea! I love it!

Laura Pizz said...

You made 53 FABULOUS! Great card! ~Laura

Scrapping Girl said...

Wow-so awesomely cool and personalized!!!!! She will LOVE it! Keeping you and your hubby on my prayer list :)
Michelle

moknowsall said...

Wonderful card. Forever Young is one of my favorite carts. You did a great job putting it all together

Maureen

Greta said...

Oh this will bring a smile for sure!