Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Birthday card and Exciting News!

Hello my crafty friends, I hope you all are having a fabulous hump day! I hope you are keeping warm too if you are in the Eastern frozen zones. Our corn stove has been going like crazy to keep us warm. Hubby usually works his week of chemo, but so far this week he has only been able to go in once because of the cold. I pray that you people in the south fair with that winter storm that is supposed to hit you all. Even us up to the north who have snow equipment don't like the ice. If it is snow you can drive, it is ice you just slide! Then loose electric, which is not a good thing in these temps! We aren't supposed to get anything from this next storm, so I am a happy camper. I will keep those who are effected in my prayers.

Well onto my exciting news and then my simple card. Cardz TV had a design team call and I was one that was chosen to be on the team this term!!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! I love Mary and all her cards and I love her design team and now I'm part of it! Woo hoo!! So doing the happy dance! So I hope you come and check out the challenges and maybe even take part in them. There will be card challenges as well as 3D challenges! I'm on the card team. So go over to Cardz TV and check out the new design teams!

Now my simple card. I saw this on pinterest and thought it was cute. So I "copied" it. Mine is a little different in that I didn't pop up the insides of the numbers and I didn't put "happy birthday" on the front cover. Was going to, then forgot to because I was in a hurry and needed the card. lol I used My Creative Time's Stitched 4x6 Journal dies, the Stitched Gift Card Pocket, and the Fun Stitched Edges dies. My "28" on the front of the card was the same paper as the border on the inside piece, but washed out with the sunlight. My stamped sentiments are from Cardz TV, Good Times stamp set. Thank you for stopping by today and sharing in my good news. I love when you stop by and sit with me for a spell. I will come by and visit you too real soon. Come back soon! Crafty hugs, Brenda







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card, Brenda. Congratulations on Mary's DT. She made a wise choice. I admire the way you handle things. With all you are going through, you can still handle DT work. You are my hero. You must come from strong stock. Hope things are going well. You are still in my prayers.

Melissa said...

Congrats and welcome to the team!

Jaren said...

Congratulations!! I love Cardz TV!

MaryH said...

A fantastic card, and BIG Congratulations on your new assignment. I know you will be a real asset to their DT. This card is very modernistic looking, and would work for an adult - male or female, but be good for a youngster too. Love the notebook edge trim you have on the inside too. And really like what I see in the gift holder!! Well done, you! Hugs MM

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love this! I am so excited for you. They are lucky to have you on the design team. Definitely going to try this idea. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congratulations on your DT news!

Love those die cut numbers on the card, and I'll take the cash right now, thank you very much. ;) LOL

Stay warm and toasty indoors! THanks for leaving love at my blog a little while back. I really appreciate it!