Sunday, October 6, 2013

Letter Frame

Hello my crafty friends! No your eyes aren't deceiving you, I have a post for Sunday. lol Normally I don't post on the weekends. It was one of my DIL's birthday on Thursday so I had my son, DIL and grand-daughters over for supper Friday night for her birthday.  For the ones that live locally I have them over to have a birthday meal and of course cake of their choice. My DIL's loves chicken corn soup (quiet a few of them do) so I made the soup with her favorite-crumb cake. We didn't enjoy the soup so much as it was almost 90 degrees. Unheard of in Oct! So we ate it anyway. lol I made a frame for her and let me tell you this turned out to be a pita! Not because it was hard or anything but because first off I got a floating frame from Hobby Lobby and it wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be. I should have saved myself the money because most it ended up in the trash. It was a cheap pull apart frame, the glass and then what I thought would be a second glass turned out to be a piece of plastic that scratched as soon as you cleaned it. Then there was this large clear plastic piece that was to hang it on the back. So it wouldn't lay flat to the wall and you had to have a piece of paper in it anyway to hide the hanger, thus to me not making it a floating frame. So I kept the glass and threw the rest away. Fortunately I had a another frame in my stash and ended up using that instead. My next pita was trying to keep the dust/lint off of the inside glass before hot gluing it in back of the front glass. I still had a speck of lint or something after having it put all together. Oh well, I tried. I live out in the country and with DH combining that throws the dust around and don't ask me how but it always gets in the house even though I had the windows and doors closed and the ac on. lol Anyway here it is in all it's glory. I hope she liked it, I'm not really sure. All she said was, "Josh where are we going to hang this." lol I think she didn't like that it was "see through".  So my thought was that I would make the other DIL's one too, but now I'm not so sure. Let me know your thoughts, do you think I should make for the other DIL's? Would you like this if your MIL gave you one?? I have all boys and no girls so I just assumed she would like it, now I'm second guessing myself.  As always thanks for stopping by and visiting me!! Have a great Sunday, going to be another hot one here and then we will go back to being in the 70's again, more normal temps for this time of year. Crafty hugs-Brenda


2 comments:

Vickie said...

I sort oflike it. Now I'm going to make a suggestion. Maybe a different colored background paper?
You know me so.

MaryH said...

I think it looks great. Not sure what she didn't like. It did sound like a lot of trouble to go to, though, reading your description. You were a good MIL to persevere with making it. I like the background, but maybe you could try a different color, (if you can do so w/o all the bother you described! LOL) and see if you like it better. Personally, I think it's very pretty! TFS