Monday, February 18, 2013

If Friends were flowers....

Hi my crafty friends! I hope you had a nice and relaxing weekend!  It is Monday and should have been a BBTB2 challenge, but sadly I messed up on the challenge. :-( I miss understood the challenge, well more like I didn't right it down right on my calendar that I use to keep track of all the challenges.  The challenge was to use the color purple for Feb. birthdays and a cupcake/cake die cut.  Well I only got the use the purple part. lol I guess I was brain dead when I looked at this one.  So I didn't participate in the challenge since I didn't do the right thing. But thought I would share my card with you guys.  I used the Art Nouveau Cricut cartridge with a long 9x4 inch card that fits in a buisness sized envie.  A little embossing with my scoreboard and a little embossing with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. My sentiment is from My Pink Stamper, although she isn't releasing anymore stamp sets so if you see one and want it you'd better grab it up! I inked up my die cut with Gather Twigs and Seedless Grape Tim Holtz distress ink and then used some glittery chalk to go over my tulips, doesn't really show that well in the photo, but in real life it does. Remember you can click on the pics to see closer. Thanks for looking my friends and go over to BBTB2 and leave my design team sisters some love, and maybe think about linking up in this challenge with us!





8 comments:

Migdalia said...

A very BEAUTIFUL card!!TFS
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Jayne said...

Brenda your card is so elegant.Love the design and different textures.You rocked the purple!
Hugs my friend.
Jayne x

Raquel said...

Gorgeous job on this card... I love the clean looks and the small hint of embossing. The tulip cut is so pretty!

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Brenda!! I love this cut. I haven't used my Art Nouveau cart in a long time. Need to pull it out real soon. :)

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is so pretty! I really love the cut. The purple is so pretty with the green. I would definitely pick you my friend! Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Beautiful tulips.Love all that purple.

MaryH said...

These are some lovely tulips, and your glitter chalk shows up very well if pic is enlarged. Love the emboss at the top, and your scored lines at the bottom really frame this pretty purple card out so nicely. You may have missed your challenge, but it's a lovely card, and TFS.

Annette said...

Love the tulips!