Monday, July 23, 2012

Christmas in July BBTB2

Hi my crafting friends, I have a Christmas card for you today.  What???  It's not Christmas! lol  Oh but it is this week at BBTB2.  Our talented design team sister Jayne has given us the challenge of doing any project with the theme "Christmas in July".  What a great way to get a head start on some Christmas project cause as we all know to well that Christmas kinda' sneaks up on you! For my card today I used some paper from either K&Co or Martha Steward Christmas paper.  Sorry I'm not sure which stack I used!  But the Santa heads on it were so retro looking and I really liked them, so I decided to go with it.  My card is a 5 x 7 and I used kraft cardstock for the base, then layered a red mat that has some creamy lacy pattern in it on next.  Actually this paper was left over from a red, white and blue stack that I got at Hobby Lobby.  Then came my retro santa paper.  I cut a mat from Elegant Edges along with the shadow out of the Kraft cardstock and then the red paper with the creamy lacy pattern.  Then I printed the image of just Santa's profile for on the mat.  I used some low foam tape for a little dimension.  Then I punched out some snowflakes from a Martha Steward snowflake punch.  Glittered them up and attached them on with some dimensionals.  I also inked up my paper layers with Vintage Photo distressing ink. My sentiment is from My Pink Stamper. Overall  I am pretty please with how this card came out.  I hope you will join us at BBTB2 and play along.  Just remember that you must use your Cricut for these challenges.  You can read the rules over at BBTB2 and while you are there check out what my wonderful design team sisters have made, I promise you will find lots of inspiration and you will ooooh and ahhhhh over their projects!!  So come on over and join us!  Until next time my friends...happy crafting!




15 comments:

Sandi said...

Brenda great traditional card, love the papers and details, hugs

Jeri said...

Perfect! The background paper along with that Santa image and the Elegant Edges frame just go together so well. Great design, well done.

Carole Beath said...

One of those "old Christmas" style cards that I love.
Carole

DIANA L. said...

Brenda, I am so glad to see someone use Santa's village, you did a great job I love the background paper. beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

ps. you could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge

Anonymous said...

I love the old-fashioned look of your card, Brenda. That's a beautiful Santa and I love that paper.

Jayne said...

This is wonderful Brenda.Love the vintage feel and the fabulous Santa and paper you used.
Jayne x

The Queen (Laura) said...

Brenda, I love the papers! Santa looks great! I love the glitter on the snowflakes. I love the mat from Elegant Edges. Great job my friend!

Tammy said...

Great Card Brenda, I really wanted to use my I for a project or two during my series but heck it went to fast. LOL I love your card. Great job.

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Brenda, Great vintage looking card..I just love Santa Clause..Hugs..Krista

Glenda said...

Love the vintage looking card! Love Santa! Great papers and pretty mats!
Beautiful job!
Glenda

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

I soo love your card, its got that vintagy feel and I lovvve Santa, you got this challenge perfect....


Penny

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Wow Brenda I can't believe how well the paper and the Imagine Santa match. So cute! Love the framing cuts and the cute little snowflakes. Great cards my friend.

shelly said...

brenda i just love your old world/vintage santa card. great papers :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Just lovin' the vintage look to this. The papers are just fab! The sparkly snowflakes are the perfect finishing touch. xxD

~JulieH~ said...

Oh I love this santa Brenda so vintage, great take on the Christmas challenge!
Hugs
Juliexx