Thursday, April 19, 2012

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Hi my crafty friends, Brenda here from Friends Craftin' with Friends.  This week at Sweet Sassy Diva we were given this Mojo Monday sketch to use for our inspiration. 



Mojo Monday Card sketch

So as always I started designing it on my Gypsy.

I got my card base and first layer on my card.

I chose my colors by my stamped image and my base paper.  I used all scraps except for my card base.  Here is my first layer papers laid out on my Cricut mat.  I used George and Basic Shapes for my rectangles and circle, and Elegant Edges for the scalloped circle.


Here I have the papers for layer two laid out.  I used Art Philosophy for the "flag" type banner and the flower.


My stamped image is a Close To My Heart stamped set called "Be Happy".  Such a cute set!  I stamped my image and then colored it in with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Assembled my flower and then my card.  Here is the finished card.





I hope that you find inspiration from our DT today as well as from sketches.  Sketches are a good way to get your mojo flowing once again.  Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sassy Diva.

4 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Super "Bee"utiful card. Love the bee and the flower. The diamond paper is way cool. Another great project my friend.

TerriK said...

Cute card, Brenda. I love the little bee stamp you used.

The Queen (Laura) said...

So cute Brenda! I love the little bee! Great colors, and I love the flower! Great job my friend!

Annette said...

Cute card Miss Brenda! I see you are Bee-ing very busy.....