Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thanksgiving Wreath

Back again my crafty friends.  I have a rosette wreath and they are so hot right now. lol  Everyone is making them so I had to join the bandwagon to and make one or two or maybe even three.  But lets start with one for now.  I cut a 12 x 12 fall paper in half, scored on the 12 inch side for the whole 6x12 sheet.  Then I took and cut my 6x12 sheet into 4-1 1/2x6 strips.  Then I fan folded each one and hot glued to a circle.  For my medium and small rosettes I used the Tim Holtz double rosette maker.  This has two different sized rosettes on it.  I really need to get the big one he has then I wouldn't have had to make the 1 1/2x6 by hand. lol  I didn't mind though.  I used SU ribbon and buttons and the Thanksgiving Cricut cart for my die cuts.  I'm pretty happy with how this turned out and plan on making more of these as they are so cute and festive hanging in the house!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your wreath...it's beautiful! TFS! I just read your profile and wonder how you get thru each day. I've got fibro, but you must really struggle w the Lupus and RA on top of it...(((HUGS))) and prayers for you! ;)

Carol aka cyimbugbitten

Brenda said...

Awww, thanks Carol! I do struggle and some days are not so good. lol But I muddle through knowing that there will be good days ahead. My guys make fun of me because I used to be very strong and independent, but now I can't even get my gas tank open on some days. lol Hugs and prayers to you as well, I know how hard fibro is on the body.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I love the way this came out Brenda. The colors and papers you chose are gorgeous together. Love the great big bow and that you added the pilgrims. A beautiful project.

TerriK said...

I love your wreath Brenda. I love how you used buttons on some of the rosettes.

The Queen (Laura) said...

So awesome Brenda! Everything looks great together. Love the buttons. Great job my friend! I have you in my prayers my friend.

Brenda said...

Thanks Laura for keeping me in your prayers, that is so sweet my friend!